Coca Cola® Ham Glaze
Covers an 8-10 lb ham
80 minutes on ham
- 12 oz. can of Coca-Cola®
- brown sugar, liberal amounts
- cloves (optional)
- ginger (optional)
- Score the top of a ham and place in a 325° oven until ham is hot
- Remove from oven and cut skin off ham.
- Pack outside of ham with brown sugar about a ¼-inch thick.
- Pour 12-ounces soda in bottom of pan. Do not pour over ham.
- Place ham in oven and let top of ham cook dry for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and baste.
- Continue cooking ham uncovered for one hour, basting every 10 minutes.
From the archives of Coca-Cola® comes the original recipe that contains no ginger or cloves. There's been hundreds of variations on it, but many include ginger and cloves.