Pork and Lemon Meatballs
This recipe submitted by Diane at thebestcookware.blogspot.com
Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 15 minutes
- 500g lean minced pork
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan
- Finely grated zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 egg
- Handful of chopped, fresh parsley
- Approx 4 tablespoons of oil for frying
- Put all the ingredients except the oil into a food processor and whizz to make a fine paste. Put in the fridge for 5 minutes to rest.
- Put in the fridge for 5 minutes to rest.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Roll the mixture into small balls about 4cm in diameter, flatten them slightly and then fry them in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides (takes about 15 minutes).
- Make the tomato saue by frying half a small onion (chopped) in one tablespoon of olive oil and then adding a 400g can of tomatoes.
- Season and cook for 10 minutes in order that it thickens.
- You can also add a few torn basil leaves to the sauce if you wish.
- Alternatively serve with new potatoes and a salad.
They are delicious served with spaghetti and the easy tomato sauce included. A delicious and straightforward family supper which children will love.