Chef Newman's Curried Chicken
pre: 10 minutes, Cook: 40 - 50 minutes
- 4 large or 6 medium sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp of your favorite seasoning salt
- ¼ cup of green onions
- 6 cups of heavy cream
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1 to 2 tsp of curry paste (Indian or Asian curry)
- First rub a little seasoning salt into both sides of your chicken breasts.
- In a large frying pan add 2 tbsp of butter and melt on med/high heat, when butter gets hot, brown each side of the breasts (about 2 minutes per side). Remove chicken and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add cream, sugar, curry, 2 tbsp of butter, and green onions to the pan that you browned the chicken in and simmer on med heat until sauce is reduced and thickened a little.
- In a glass baking dish add half of the sauce, place your chicken on top of the sauce then pour the rest of the sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the oven at 350°.
- Place chicken on a serving platter and drizzle sauce mixture from baking pan over chicken and serve.
Note: Wisk the sauce mixture together good before you drizzle it over the chicken. 1 tsp of curry for a mild flavor or 2 tsp for some zip!