Garlic Rosemary Grilled Leg of Australian Lamb
Prep: 30 minutes, Cook: 45 minutes
- 1 Australian leg of lamb, boneless
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Kosher salt, divided, to taste
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, divided
- 1 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 18 ounce roasted red pepper (about 5 peppers/3 cups)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- To make the marinade, combine the cayenne, garlic, Kosher salt, 1 cup of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest, 1 cup of the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of the rosemary.
- Pour over the lamb. Refrigerate lamb for 24 hours, turning every few hours to coat in marinade.
- Place lg on a preheated grill and cover.
- After 15 minutes, remove the cover and turn. Cover again.
- Cover again. Continue to turn meat every 15 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F, about 35-45 minutes.
- To make the roasted red pepper sauce, combine half of the roasted red peppers, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and teaspoon of rosemary in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Fold in the remaining roasted red pepper.
- Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until needed.
- To serve, slice lamb and place 6 ounces on a plate. Top with cup of chunky roasted red pepper sauce.
This recipe submitted by Maria!