Root Beer Float Cake
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) root beer
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons root beer
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, root beer, vegetable oil and eggs until well combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan. Bake at 350° F for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
- With a wood skewer or fork, make small holes in the top of the cake.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and 3-4 tablespoons of root beer until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and into the holes. Cool completely.
- To serve, fill the center hole with scoops of the vanilla ice cream.
This recipe submitted by Rose!