Apple Crisp Crumble
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and each cut into 8
- 4 plums, peeled, stoned and each cut into 4
- 50g/2oz mixed dried fruits (e.g. cranberries, blueberries, cherries)
- 1 tbsp soft brown muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 orange, juice and grated zest only
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 175g/6 oz unsweetened Pertwood Organic Muesli Fruit & Seeds or Pertwood Organic Granola Sultanas & Nuts
- Vanilla custard, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Combineall the ingredients except the granola and spoon into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the granola and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until golden and the fruit is bubbling.
- Serve with vanilla custard.
This pudding is so much more than just a crumble. Get picking those Granny Smith's and your guests will be sure to ask you for the recipe. The secret might be in the plums. You can also use the very popular Muesli Fruit & Seeds which has no added sugar.
This recipe submitted by Tessa at realfooddirect.co.uk.