10 minutes prep / 130 minutes cooking
- ½ pound Black-eyed peas, dried
- 1 ½ teaspoons Oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small Green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Soak the peas overnight. Drain, cover with fresh water, bring to a boil, and simmer until soft (about 2 hours). Drain.
- Add the peas, garlic, cumin, and salt to a food processor.
- Sauté the onion and pepper in the oil until just soft. Add to the pea mixture. Roll into balls about the size of Ping-Pong balls.
- Deep fry at 350° until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.