Ah, the Super Bowl. One of the largest sporting events in the world and the source of numerous parties and all kinds of crazy recipes! Everyone has their favorites of course and some like to keep it simple while others enjoy going all out with extravagant spreads of buffet style foods. This is particularly true when it’s YOUR team in the Super Bowl. Alas, my team, the Philadelphia Eagles, did not make it here though most fans thought it was finally their year but it was not meant to be. So we have the Pittsburgh Steelers versus the Arizona Cardinals and while I plan on watching it, I am not all that excited about it. As long as Pittsburgh wins to exact revenge on the Cardinals, I’ll be happy!
So, what are some of your favorite Super Bowl snacks, finger foods or other recipes? Leave me a comment below and post your recipe or share a link to your favorite Super Bowl recipe.
Here’s one of my favorites, Sweet and Sour Mini Hot Dogs. I know, not very gourmet, but they are soooooo good and so easy to make, here’s the recipe:
- 1 package of “Little Smokies” mini hot dogs
- 1 12 oz. jar of grape jelly
- 1 12 oz. jar of chili sauce (your favorite brand)
- Combine the grape jelly and chili sauce in a medium pan.
- Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat.
- Add the Little Smokies to the pan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot and with toothpicks (they can be messy).
See, very easy!
Here are some more Super Bowl snack ideas from our website below. Enjoy!
- Artichoke Cheese Dip
- Greek Pizza
- Guacamole Dip
- Sausage and Cheese Wedges
- Seven Layer Dip
- Spicy Stuffed Zucchini
- Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Roasted Peppers and Asparagus Marinated in a Raspberry Vinaigrette
And my pick – although I want the Steelers to win, the Cards are too hot: Cardinals 28-24.