Making Irish Potatoes for Saint Patrick’s Day is one of those things I look forward to every year. Not only does it mean that Saint Patrick’s Day is coming (when everyone becomes Irish for a day), but it means that Spring is right around the corner and the winter snow and cold weather is moving out for a while. We make these every year and often make extra to share with family and friends. It’s a classic recipe and so easy to make.
Here is the recipe for Irish Potatoes, which is our Featured Recipe:
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 8oz. cream cheese, soft
- 16 oz. coconut, shredded
- 2 lbs. confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbs. vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon for topping and garnish or melted chocolate
- Mix together all of the ingredients, except the cinnamon, thoroughly.
- Roll into 1 to 1 & ½ inch balls (potatoes!)
- Roll in ground cinnamon, or melted chocolate according to taste!
You can print the recipe here: Irish Potatoes.