As Easter is already upon us and of course, dinner is at our house so I decided to pull out some of the old favorites and use them for dinner tomorrow night. The Pineapple Stuffing is made and in the refrigerator and I’ve gathered the ingredients for the Pineapple Ham Glaze, but that comes tomorrow while the ham is cooking.
For vegetables, I’ve got fresh asparagus and will be making a hollandaise sauce from scratch tomorrow to go along with it and glazed carrots using brown sugar and butter. Fresh mashed potatoes and croissants will finish everything off nicely along with a bottle of white zinfandel and fruity Robert Mondavi wine. For dessert, well, we’re heading over to my grandmother’s house for dessert and to give her the Easter flowers I bought for her today.
Try this glaze for your next ham:
Pineapple Ham Glaze
1 5 lb. ham
- 1 small can of crushed pineapple
- 1 can of sliced pineapple
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 small jar of maraschino cherries (optional)
- Whisk together everything but the sliced pineapples in a bowl, mix well.
- In the last hour of cooking, pull out the ham and glaze the ham with the mixture using a brush.
- Layer the pineapple slices across the top. Use wet toothpicks to stick them in. If using the cherries, do the same with these in the middle of the pineapple.
- Baste every 10 minutes. If needed, you can add a little water to the bottom of the pan if getting dry.
And this Pineapple Stuffing is to die for:
Prep: 5-10 minutes, Cook: 60 minutes
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 5 slices potato bread, cubed
- Can substitute 5 slices of white bread for the stuffing instead
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C) and grease a 9 inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the pineapple and bread cubes to the mix.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Let the stuffing cool for about 5 minutes before serving to firm up.
Have a favorite recipe you’d like to share? Leave a comment below! Happy Easter and Happy Passover!